We advise the USFK Commander on:
- Theatre Master Planning (Vision, Stationing - Resourcing)
- Military Construction (MILCON)
- Host Nation Funded Construction (HNFC)
- Exercise-related construction (ERC)
- Real estate acquisition and disposal (SOFA Subcommittee)
- Family housing initiatives
- Environmental policies and programs (SOFA Subcommittee)
- Topographic/Geospatial Information Systems Engineering
- Contingency operations; construction, maintenance and repair of facilities and infrastructure
- Engineer transition to conflict planning
The Command Engineer organizes and trains their staff to execute armistice and contingency responsibilities. During armistice, the Command Engineer develops the theatre master plan; acquires and maintains facilities and areas for USFK stationing and training; develops and enforces the commander’s environmental policy; develops and maintains engineer portions of the operation plan for USFK and plans theatre support.
During contingencies, the Command Engineer plans and oversees execution of engineer operations and advises the commander on conflict engineering, real estate and theater mapping requirements.
We are a unique community with a reputation of excellence--an organization that provides the commander maximum flexibility for theatre operations.