Greetings from the land of the Morning Calm!
Welcome to the USFK Religious Support Team page. Our joint team of Chaplains, Chaplain Assistants (Army and Air Force), and Religious Program Specialists (Navy) are here to serve you, the wonderful UNC/CFC/USFK community. We would like for you to know that you are not in the Republic of Korea (ROK) by accident. God has you here by divine design, and He has a purpose that He wants you to fulfill. We stand ready to assist you in finding and/or fulfilling God’s purpose in your life while you serve in Korea. Below outlines our broad vision, mission, and religious support priorities that inform our provision of religious support ministry to the UNC/CFC/USFK community.
Our mission is to provide religious leadership and comprehensive religious support across the range of military operations in support of the UNC/CFC/USFK mission during the armistice, crisis, and contingency operations to enhance the readiness, resiliency and empowerment of the UNC/CFC/USFK community for life and service.
Our vision is to be a trained, ready, and adaptive joint ROK-U.S. combined “Ministry Team-of-Teams” that excels in religious leadership and comprehensive religious support that empowers the UNC/CFC/USFK community for life and service.
These are the five broad priorities and their objectives that guide our provision of religious support:
Provide, promote, and advance the free exercise of religion, effective religious support program management and relevant advice to command on matters of religion.
Provide a quality, comprehensive worship program.
Connect, encourage, and build-up the UNC/CFC/USFK community. Be a good neighbor to our host nation.
Equip the UNC/CFC/USFK community for life and service.
Empower the UNC/CFC/USFK community for service (i.e. chapel, unit, community).
1. We will minister with purpose, rooted in the conviction of a divine purpose for every life and guided by a commitment to the free exercise of religion. We will seek to enhance force readiness, resiliency, and empowerment for life and service as we provide comprehensive religious support to the UNC/CFC/USFK community.
2. We will minister by example, upholding our particular service's, Chaplain Corps', and religious tradition's values and standards in the provision of intentional religious support to the entire force.
3. We will minister with excellence, providing effective religious program management, relevant religious advisement, and world-class religious support informed by cutting edge ministry concepts and practices and the evolving needs of the alliance.
4. We will minister with courage and compassion, advocating for religious freedoms, seizing, retaining, and exploiting the initiative in the provision of quality religious support, and providing compassionate ministry to the entire force.
5. We will minister with capable ministry partners, leveraging collective ministry action and building ministry partner capacity to provide responsive religious support to the entire force.
Again, God has placed us all here at a crucial juncture in time and history to serve and make a difference in the lives of the UNC/CFC/USFK community as we serve in the defense of the Republic of Korea. We look forward to serving you, partnering with you in ministry, and drawing upon your unique gifts and experiences to empower the UNC/CFC/USFK community for life and service!
Colonel Chul W. Kim
USFK Command Chaplain’s Office
COMMERCIAL 050-3355-4553 (Korea)
DSN (315) 755-4553
8th Army Religious Support
COMMERCIAL 050-3355-0307 (Korea)
DSN (315) 755-0307
7th Air Force Religious Support
COMMERCIAL 050-3384-5000 (Osan) or 050-3382-4300 (Kunsan)
DSN (315) 784-5000 (Osan) or (315) 782-4300 (Kunsan)
CNFK Religious Support
COMMERCIAL 050-3362-5389 (Korea)
DSN (315) 762-5389