Combating Trafficking in Persons Annual Training
Photo Credit: Dept of Labor
1. Purpose. Per DoDI 2200.01 Combating Trafficking in Persons (CTIP), all DoD Military and Civilian Personnel are required to receive annual refresher training on CTIP. Although not mandatory for Contractors, completion is strongly encouraged. Contractors are not required to train their personnel on CTIP; however, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 22.17 (Reference(j)) states that the presence of a CTIP awareness program is a factor for the contracting officer to consider as a mitigating factor when determining remedies.
2. Training. All USFK HQ, Subordinate and Direct Reporting Units will complete mandatory CTIP refresher training by - Suspense 1 November 2013. Training should be accomplished either on Joint Knowledge Online (JKO), on their service component training systems or the alternative power point group presentation (sign-in rosters required). The training is available as a web based interactive module and as a PowerPoint Presentation.
a. General Awareness Training can be accessed the following ways:
1) Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) account
- Click "Take Courses" and login with your CAC on the next page (Click here for full instructions)
- Select "Course Catalog" and filter the course title by entering the course number "A-US030" in the filter box above the Number column and then select "Apply Filters" to find the course and enroll.
- A leadership training, J3SN-US189: Combating Trafficking In Persons, is also available
- If you encounter any difficulties trying to enroll, please contact the JKO Help Desk at email@example.com or 757-203-5654/DSN 668-5654 for assistance.
2) Web-Based Interactive Module
b. No AKO/DKO account. Access CTIP training from Joint Knowledge Online. Register for an account at http://jko.jfcom.mil/.
c. Service specific online training certificates are valid to complete this CTIP annual training requirement (for example, the Air Force course for Human Relations (ZZ133080) counts as completing this CTIP training, the Navy’s Certificate of Completion for the Trafficking in Persons Basic Awareness Training counts towards completion of this annual training requirement.). Service members and DoD civilians need to provide the online training certificate to their unit training managers to get credit.
3. Validation of Training. Only printed certificates (available online with JKO), Service Online training certificates, or approved sign-in rosters from organizations can validate this training completion. Those that have already completed the CTIP refresher training anytime in 2013, do not have to repeat training and can provide certificate of completion to unit training managers for validation. For example, the Air Force course for Human Relations (ZZ133080) counts as completing this CTIP training. Also, the Navy’s Certificate of Completion for the Trafficking in Persons Basic Awareness Training counts towards completion of this annual training requirement. The 350-2 Theater Specific Required Training does not count because it only covers a small portion of this total CTIP briefing requirement.
4. Training Completion Reporting Requirements.
For USFK HQs, each Directorate and Special Assistants Office should identify a Directorate Lead and Branch/Division POCs to facilitate completion of the training for all assigned personnel. Once online training or CTIP briefing slides are reviewed, all personnel will forward the Training Completion Certificate or approved roster to their respective Branch or Division POC who will track the completion of all assigned personnel and forward all certificates to the USFK J1 at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: Training Completion Certificates online will be available for printing after the training is completed).
Directorate Leads will consolidate one directorate roster using attached form. One single Directorate Lead will forward the Directorate roster ONLY, directly to the CTIP POC in USFK J1 at email@example.com by the first Friday of each month starting on 1 Feb 13. Monthly status report updates are required by first Friday of each month.
Training & Policy Statement Links_____________________________________
CTIP Resources and References________________________________________
Questions or concerns dealing with this CTIP Annual Training requirement should be directed to the USFK J1, Chief, Policy and Programs, USFK J1, DSN 723-5632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.